Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Costumes!

I was a at a party on Halloween, but I did see a small stream of kids as I drove there.

In particular, there were three very small people dressed with a farm theme: cow, pig, chicken. Since all of them would have been looking up at my knee, it was entirely adorable. 

Also, there's a new trend: inflatable costumes. Jerry H. saw an inflatable Spongebob costume that was both impressive and uncomfortable-looking, he said. I saw a few myself, and every kid wearing one was waddling instead of walking because of the demands of the costume. Very inefficient when you're trying to gather candy as quickly as possible.

Greg A. reported a young Dwight Schrute (the Office) complete with comb-over and suit. Also a costume where the reach exceeded the grasp:
A "Plague Doctor," but he was waggling the bird beak mask on his hand like a puppet because he couldn't see out the eyeholes.  High comedy.

The clear winner (at least in my mind), though, was a costume sent in by DQ Film Advisor And Nicest Guy In the World Ben Ormand: a six-year-old dressed as Amelia Earhart, complete with goggles. He also mentioned an Excellent Max from Where The Wild things Are.

As a sidebar, the movie version of Where The Wild Things Are is genuinely fantastic.


Site Meter