Tuesday, June 25, 2024

It All Comes In Hundreds

Last night: 70 MPH winds, torrential rains, spectacular lightning. If I'm the main character (I'm not), I would see it as a sign that the octopus was desperately trying to continue clinging to my face.

This morning: instead of the usual twenty minutes from Cs place to the house, it took almost forty. There was crime tape across the main road I use to get there. 

I thought maybe it was a murder investigation.

It was, but not in the way I expected. On the way back, I found out why:


















In the background, that's a 100+ foot tree entirely across the road. 160,000 people without power. Traffic lights all over the city.

Damn, that house really wants to hold on to me a little while longer.

I cleaned for six hours, thought I was done, then discovered a bin with 100+ hockey pucks in it that weighed several tons, seemingly. I had to drag it from a shed to the neighbor's house. It hurt, but then, everything this week hurt. Yesterday, I had to remove six screws from a board over my head. These screws:





Power screwdriver? Not a chance. 100 turns against considerable resistance for each screw (I counted). 

I didn't have a choice, so I worked all day, with a quick break for lunch.

In the end, it was done. Looking back on it, I don't know how, but it was.




"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
Oh frabjous day! Calooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

Site Meter