Monday, August 05, 2024

The Summer Continues

Eli 23.0 left a message Saturday morning saying he'd found tickets for the Sunday track and field events in Paris and had worked out all the associated logistics. "The seats are probably terrible," he said, "but I'll be in the stadium" for the 100 meter finals, the showcase event.

He also knows a guy from Michigan (Hobbs Kessler) who was running in the 1500m semis during the same session, and he was excited to see him. 

He sent me a picture from outside the stadium as he was walking in, and it's hard to even explain how excited I was. Track and field at the Olympics is so iconic, and the 100m finals is the greatest single event.

Then he sent me a message and a photo:
Remember what I said about having bad seats?
Never mind

















In the front row. Literally.

He got to see the closest 100m final in Olympic history, and Hobbs made it to the finals. What a day.

Site Meter