Thursday, October 03, 2024

Old

I took a walk today and missed the turn-off for the path by the river, so I decided to go through a field to reach the path.

I reached a wall ((at ground level for me). I looked over and there was quite a drop to the river trail. All right, no big deal.

I scrunched around so I could hold onto the top of the wall with my arms, then hung down as far as I could before I let go. I think the total drop after that was about 3.5 feet. Again, not a big deal.

The problem, though, is that the last time I did this (and it wasn't a big deal) was probably 30 years ago, if not 40. I landed and it felt like I dropped from a 12-story building.

Plus, my body forgot how to land. Your body forgets how to do all kinds of things, but your mind remembers the outcome as being good, so you trick yourself into trying things you shouldn't just because you could do them before (long ago).

I jammed up my toe, but otherwise I'm fine. It's just annoying how one-dimensional my fitness is, even though I'm in good shape.

Site Meter