Random Notes
1. Fifa is deeply corrupt, Infantino is a goon, and Argentina disgraced themselves in a legitimately terrible final, but the World Cup was great. For an American, it comes at the perfect time: after basketball season and before football season. Every four years, it's fantastic.
2. The reason the stock market refuses to go down, even though it's deeply overvalued, the economy is turning, and we're in a war, is because no one on Wall Street wants it to end. Bonuses are huge, the perks are enormous, and no one wants to lose any of it, which is why bull markets go on so long after they should rationally be over. It's a bit of a con game, really, when the market no longer has any relation to its true valuation.
3. I forgot to mention in the gaming abundance last week that eBaseball: Pro Spirit 2026 was released last week for PC and PS5, and with English translations. I can't remember a Japanese baseball game being released in the U.S. (with English translations) ever. I bought a modded or imported Saturn (can't remember which) in order to play the Japanese version of World Series Baseball '98. Over 25 years later, I can finally buy one on Steam, have English text in the menus, but Japanese commentary. Tremendous.

<< Home