The Cool Shit Vortex
There's an entire genre of videos on YouTube that should be be titled Cool Shit Happening in New York.An example is this guy, who straps an entire DJ setup to himself and wanders around the city doing incredible things (and if you want to see two unbelievable moments, check out the violin player at 3:01:00 and the singer at 3:20:00).
It's incredible.
The last half hour of that stream takes place at an entrance to Central Park, which I've walked past many times.
There are hundreds of other Cool Shit Happening in New York videos. Rappers, singers, subway musicians, all performing in Manhattan in places I walk past all the time.
I've lived here almost a year now and walked many, many miles in Manhattan. And, to be entirely clear, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THIS COOL SHIT HAPPENING.
All of this must be happening in a parallel universe.
I exist in the THIS IS REASONABLY COOL BUT ALSO PLEASE CURB YOUR DOG MADAM universe, which is quite fun but doesn't have hip hop violinists and street DJs and nurses with Grammy level voices wandering the streets.
It does, however, have me.

<< Home