Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Meet the Butts

Eli 3.11 is going through a "butt" phase. This is the phase in every little boy's life where anything with the word "butt" in it is hysterically funny.

This phase, for boys, usually lasts from three years of age--to sixty.

Sunday morning, for absolutely no reason, he takes this little toy microphone he likes to use and announces "WE'RE THE BUTT FAMILY!" This makes him literally fall over with laughter. Then he starts marching through the house, and at the end of every lap he shouts "WE'RE THE BUTT FAMILY!"

We're the Butt family. Pleased to meet you. I totally understand if you don't want to shake hands.

Later that morning, I hear him shout "Daddy! DADDY! I GOT SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!" I find him in the living room, and when he sees me, he does this little squat, sticks his butt out at me, and starts wiggling it. If you've ever seen footage of a bee using its butt to signal directions to the rest the hive, you know exactly what he looked like. "LOOK!" he shouts. "IT'S MY CRAZY BUTT DANCE!"

I look forward to the day when he reads this.

Site Meter