Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Three Years, Believe It Or Not

I totally forgot about this, but the one-year anniversary of writing this column was about a week ago. Including the Gone Gold years, I've been writing this in one form or another for three years now.

And to those of you who have been crazy enough to read all of them: thanks.

I went to Circuit City just a few minutes ago and here's what I picked up (all for $9.99 each):
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Thief: Deadly Shadows (two copies)
Trainz Railroad Simulator: Deluxe Edition
Tribes Vengeance
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

None of these were marked $9.99 on the rack, but they scanned at the sale price when I took them up to the register.

So what am I going to do with new copies of a bunch of games that I already played? Well, give them to you guys, of course.

Here's how this is going to work. Send me an e-mail with the game you want and your shipping address. You only get to choose one game, so there's a strategic element involved, because if you choose something that's already gone, you're out.

I'll be sitting here watching my e-mail for the next half hour, which will probably be enough time for all of them to be claimed.

If the game you asked for is no longer available, I'll e-mail you back with "Sorry--already gone." I'll also post a message when all games have been given away.

Site Meter