Monday, August 29, 2005

Good Grief, Part 2

See, here's the thing. If those guys actually needed to be out IN the hurricane to COVER the hurricane, I'd understand. It's just that they're not contributing any useful information whatsoever--unless you count "it's really windy and rainy and stuff is flying through the air" as useful.

If sports reporters covered football like news reporters covered hurricanes, they'd be out on the playing field giving live updates while the game was in progress. "A large man in a helmet just ran past me and he was carrying something. Bert, did you see that on the monitor? It was definitely a large man and he was moving quickly. OOF! [reporter gets run over by football player]. Bert, I just got knocked on my ass! Repeat, I definitely just got knocked on my ass!"

Site Meter