Contest Qualifier Round CompletedBelieve it or not, we have a full complement of qualifiers now. Actually, we have seventeen, not sixteen--two more came in while I was out at dinner and I'm going to let them both in.
Here are the answers:
1. The first column I ever wrote for Gone Gold was about a toy I assembled for Eli. The name of the toy included an animal. What kind of animal was it?
2. How did I first hear from Stephanie Assham (it was also her first appearance in the column)?
A Christmas card from Wells Fargo.
3. I wrote a Gone Gold column with haiku about a particular body part. What part was it? (you might think it's an obvious answer, but you might be wrong)
I tried to give you a hint by saying "but you might be wrong," since "ass" would be the obvious answer. But=ass. Yeah, I know--goofy. Anyway, the correct answer is "penis." I loved that column. Nobody else did.
4. Dan Sinking makes an occasional appearance in the column. He also has a rank. What is it?
You guys really surprised me. I thought for sure that I'd have to draw from the pool that answered three questions correctly, but I wound up not needing to.
Here are the seventeen qualifiers (in no particular order):
Congratulations to everyone who made it through the qualifying round.
Here's a refresher on what happens now:
1. One question a day for the next five days (excluding Saturday and Sunday). It can be posted at any time.
2. Maximum possible points awarded: 17 (the first correct response). Second correct response gets 16 points, third gets 15, etc. 0 points for an incorrect answer.
3. One answer per person per day.
4. At the end of five days, the person with the most points is the winner. Ties will be broken with a tiebreaker question.
I think that covers everything.