Friday, November 18, 2005

Pwning Peace, Part 2

From DQ reader Nate Carpenter:
Well, not exactly everyone can nominate.

Then he linked to the so-called "rules" for nominations. Put together by The Man, obviously.

Uh-oh. Nobel Peace Prize nomination buzz-kill.

I went and looked at the categories of possible nominants (I totally made that word up, and it means "people who can nominate me for the Nobel Peace Prize") and saw an opening:
3. University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes.

I'm still living the dream.

I thought of another opportunity for public appearances, since I'm going to be a celebrity soon. Every little town has a fall festival, and they all have parades where trucks haul flatbeds full of prom queen and spelling bee champions and award-winning livestock.

My phone will be ringing off the hook. Who wouldn't want a Nobel Peace Prize nominee in their parade?

I can see it now: a crisp fall day, the scent of fresh hay in the air, and I'll sit proudly on the back seat of a big white convertible, its mammoth flanks covered with signs proudly stating "I Pwn Peace" as "We are the Champions" blasts from a boombox at my side. I'll wear my letter jacket and my special Nobel Peace Prize Nominee medal, and I'll give my best parade wave to the excited citizenry as we drive by.

If you come early, don't forget to bring a lawn chair.

Site Meter