Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Chicks Dig the Cool

Gloria said that when she dropped off Eli 4.4 at pre-school today, he walked into his building and three little girls at a table started chanting "Eli's here, Eli's here, Eli's here!"

"Nothing to see here," he said. "Move along, people." Too cool to acknowledge his own coolness. That's my boy.

His new favorite cartoon is The Tick (one of my all-time favorites). Tonight he ran around the house yelling "Spoon!" He also likes to say "If you want to fight Evil tomorrow, you have to get some rest tonight."

Which is true. Or at least that's what superheroes have told me.

He's still playing Guitar Hero with me--he strums and I play the fret buttons. We're working on Ziggy Stardust, and he's gotten to 40% on Easy. "Daddy! We got booed off the stage again!" he'll say, laughing, whenever we miss too many notes. Tonight he was playing and saw a starred note and said "Hey Daddy, is that Star Power?"

Tonight I was asking him to take his clothes off so that he could take his shower and he kept dawdling and fiddle-farting around. I kept asking, and finally he said "Daddy, I'm trying, but I can't seem to pay attention."

Last week, we were walking to the mailboxes together, and he took my hand and said "Daddy, I want to be an astronaut."

"Well, if you're an astronaut someday, I'm sure you'll be a good one," I said.

"Can you be an astronaut, too?" he asked.

"I think I might be too old to be an astronaut now," I said. "But I can try."

"Good," he said. "Because I want us to go into space together."

Site Meter