Thursday, April 27, 2006

Kai

DQ reader Kai asked me to post this and I'm glad to do so.

Hey Bill,
From Rich LaPorte learning html, to your columns on the front page, to three message boards and a blog, I've been around this community for a long time. So with that in mind I hope you won't object to me asking for your help.

Next month on May 20-21 I'm going to be walking a marathon and a half, about 40 miles, in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston. My mother died of cancer when I was only 8.0, and I'm dedicating my Walk to her. The cancer that took her wasn't breast cancer, it was a much rarer form of cancer, but I find the Avon Walk's focus on both fighting cancer and on honoring the women in our lives to be a perfect fit for my purpose.

If your readers can relate to a guy who grew up on King's Quest and Mario Bros. and who balked at jogging -one- mile, let alone walking 40, I can use all the help I can get for this cause and would really appreciate it if you could post a link to my website. This really is a good charity and it does a lot to help keep more mothers, daughters, sisters and wives in our lives.

My Walk page is at
http://visitkai.com , or if that isn't working for some reason, at http://tinyurl.com/jrj5c .

There's a lovely picture of Kai with his mother at the site, and I hope that some of you will be able to contribute. Thanks very much.

Site Meter