Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Around Town With Eli 5.1

Eli 5.1 and I were in the car on our way to breakfast Saturday. Pancakes at McDonald's are a Saturday morning tradition now, entirely due to the toy that comes with the meal.

"Dad, do you remember a long time ago when Nana shut the car door on my hand?" A minor incident from last year that could have been much worse.

"I do," I said.

"Nana was really upset, but I told her 'That's okay, Nana, it wasn't your fault,' and she felt better."

"That was very nice of you."

"Yeah." He thought for a few seconds. "But really, it kind of was her fault."

"Yes, it was."

"So what I probably should have said is "HEY! YOU BROKE MY HAND!"

Two kids came out to the playscape while were out there goofing around, and their mom came out a few minutes. She was holding a tray of food, and she said "Zachary! Zephyr! Come eat breakfast!"

WTF? Zephyr?

We discussed this on the way back to the car. "Dude, did you hear that lady call her son Zephyr?" I asked. "A zephyr is a wind.'

"What? Why would you name your KID after a WIND?"

"I don't know," I said. "I just hope they don't have a sister."

"Why?" Eli asked.

"Because she might be named heifer," I said.

Site Meter