Thursday, November 09, 2006

We Do Not Ship

I went to something called "The UPS Store" to mail the Graham Wilkinson & the Underground Township CD's yesterday.

At the counter, I saw a sign attached to the register that said "WE DO NOT SHIP" and a list of items.

Many of these items had pictures. I saw a dog, a hamster, bars of gold bullion, spiders, diamonds, an Elvis stamp, a snake--and a giant urn.

That's right. The UPS Stores does NOT ship "human remains."

"Do you go home and drink if someone tries to ship human remains?" I asked the nice fellow at the counter.

"Actually," he said, "do you know why all those items are listed on the sign?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because people have tried to ship all of them," he said.

"Seriously? Even human remains?"

"I had a guy try to ship them last week," said another lady at the counter.

So, just a heads-up for all you human remains shippers who use The UPS Store. They're on to you, so watch your back.

Site Meter