Friday, March 09, 2007

Disease of the Day: Pink Eye

Or conjunctivitis, technically.

Eli 5.7 just can't catch a break. We went to his follow-up at the doctor today and the doctor noticed that Eli's right eye seemed unusually red.

So now he's the proud owner of both a rotavirus and pink eye. I think this discouraged him less than it did us.

He had a 103+ fever when he woke up this morning, but it started dropping after about two hours and it's down in the 100-101 range now. And he's not throwing up. The doctor also recommended a probiotic to help with the diarrhea, although it will take a few days to work.

Eli is a funny, happy kid who loves to smile and laugh. Yesterday, I think he smiled (weakly) once. It's so strange to not hear him laughing all the time.

Thanks very much for your kind e-mails. I told him that many people were hoping he got better soon.

I've got a little time right now, so I'm going to make a few posts about stories I saw over the last few days.

Site Meter