Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Brrrr

So I swam outside yesterday, after we survived the "1/16 INCH SLEET STORM OF 2007."

I knew it was going to be cold in our neighborhood pool. I could swim at a heated outdoor pool only 10 minutes away, but that's 20 wasted minutes driving time. Besides, the cold water would be very good for my forearms, which are now officially sore from playing Guitar Hero II (360) so much.

The greatest design decision ever, by the way, was to calculate your career score from your best score for each song, regardless of difficulty. That was so brilliant it's almost evil.

I hit the water and I knew right away that I was talking about a new kind of cold. It was about 72F outside, but the water was colder than it's ever been--at least when I was in it, trying to do laps.

I only made it to 1000 yards before I stopped. That's unusual for me, to stop before a mile, but I was incredibly cold and decided it was only going to get worse if I stayed in.

We stopped at PetsMart later and picked up a digital aquarium thermometer, because I really wanted to know just how cold that water was. We stopped at the pool on the way home and I took a reading.

63.2.

As a soft American, let me just say brrrrr.

I'm going to take two-day break from Guitar Hero starting tomorrow, believe it or not, because I have been playing way too much--not from a fun standpoint, because it's been a blast, but my forearms are worn out and I need to give them a rest.

So what I'm going to do tomorrow instead of playing is write up a short guide about how to be a points whore and increase your score in Career mode by as much as possible.

Site Meter