Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Road Less Traveled

I needed a paper towel to use as a napkin after I got a piece of cookie dough out of the refrigerator. I thought there were two paper towels left on the roll, but there was only one, and I saw bare tube.

"Uh oh," I said.

"Uh oh what?" Gloria asked.

"Nothing," I said, hastily trying to wrap the paper towel back around the tube.

"You!" she said. "Don't put that back on the tube! You have to get a new roll!"

"Sure, it may look that way," I said, walking into the next room. I rummaged through the drawer and returned with--a piece of scotch tape.

I taped the last paper towel so that it would stay on the tube. "There," I said. "Still usable."

"I can't believe you'd do that," she said. "I've been taking the high road after that toilet paper incident."

"Well, as you travel the high road, I hope you have time to wave at me in my hammock on the low road," I said.

I think she said "Arggghh!" or something after that. I'm not exactly sure.

It's hard to hear from the low road.

Site Meter