Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Don't Know How I Forgot To Mention This

Greg "Theohall" Halloran sent me an outstanding e-mail last week concerning Wii supply in the United Arab Emirates.

This would fall into the category of "rare data."

Inexpicably, I forgot to mention it in the Console Post of the Week, but here it is:
I recently visited the United Arab Emirates and had absolutely no problem finding Nintendo Wii's on the shelves.

Of course they were selling them for $2499 Dirhams (around $660 US), which is completely ridiculous. However, they were most definitely sitting on shelves, even in their version of Wal-Mart, called Carrefours. Here is a small sampling by store of how many were on shelves at the Mall of the Emirates:
Carrefours - 12
Compu-Me - 9
Jumbo Electronics - 9
Jacky's - 9
And another store whose name I can't remember - 6


Thus concludes the first Wii inventory survey of the UAE.

Site Meter