Monday, December 03, 2007

Eli 6.4

There are at least three very hot topics to discuss today, including the Vivendi-Activision deal, the Confederacy of Dunces known as the BCS (hint: "C" stands for something that begins with "cluster"), and the flaming train wreck formerly known as Gamespot.

So instead, I'm going to talk about Eli 6.4.

We always go to McDonald's for breakfast on Saturday morning, because he absolutely loves the biscuits at McDonald's. He'll have biscuit, a little bit of egg, and he's good to go.

Plus, he gets a toy, although I'm sure that has absolutely no influence on him whatsoever.

The people who work at McDonald's on Saturday morning have kind of adopted him, and they're always making a fuss and slipping him an extra toy every once in a while. So it's a very nice place to go on Saturday mornings, and we look forward to going there.

Two Saturdays ago, we were sitting at a table eating breakfast, and he said "Dad, did you ever think about getting another job?" That's not the kind of question he's ever asked me before.

"I think everyone does, at least once in a while," I said.

"Well, you could work at--McDonald's!" he said.

"Hmm," I said, "I don't think that's my dream job, either."

"But we get could get FREE FOOD!" he said.

"If I started working at McDonald's, though, I wouldn't get to see you as much," I said.

"BUT YOU WOULD!" he said. "I'd come here to eat ALL THE TIME. And on your BREAK, we could eat TOGETHER."

"So what this basically boilds down to is me doing all the work so you can get free food," I said.

He grinned. "So?" he said, laughing.

Last Saturday, we had just put our trays down when he suddenly got excited. "Dad! LOOK!" he shouted, pointing to a sign on the wall. "THEY'RE HIRING!"

***
We've played through Avatar: The Last Airbender--the Burning Earth twice now. I'm totally burned out on the game, but Eli still plays a mode where he can do boss battles. He'd play through it a third time, if I was willing.

Last week, he was at the main menu and saw an option to see the credits. "What are credits?" he asked, so I explained how they listed the names of all the people who worked on the game. "Oh, I DEFINITELY want to see that," he said. As the names started scrolling by, he watched them intently. Then he said "Tony, Scott, Ben, Tim, Kim--thank you SO much. I LOVE this game!"

**
Last night, Eli came downstairs after he'd taken his shower.

"How was the shower?" I asked.

"It was, um, okay," he said.

"Uh-oh," I said. "Arguments?"

"Not really arguments," he said. "More like--upsetments.

Site Meter