Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Little Help Here

"Dad, can you help me carry some stuff?" Eli 6.4 asked as he opened the car door.

"Dude, I'm loaded up here," I said. We were returning from school, and every day it's like Napoleon marching on Moscow.

"Dad, look at me--I'm PACKED," he said.

"I've got a thirty-two ounce drink, a book, keys, a cell phone, a wallet, a Nerf football, a sweatshirt, a backpack, a lunch box, and a reading folder," I said.

I looked over at him. He was carrying two shoes and a juice box.

"You might need a trailer to haul all that stuff," I said. He laughed.

This week, his teacher asked him what he'd take with him if he was stranded on a desert island. Here's his list.
1. Cry Bear (the little rainbow-colored bear that he sleeps with)
2. clothes
3. food
4. pencil
5. paper

Site Meter