Monday, February 02, 2009

Resolutions

I don't usually have New Year's resolutions, but I changed course this year (for reasons I don't even know), so here's a list to force me into action.

1. Learn Spanish
If you can't speak Spanish in Austin, you miss out on a vibrant, colorful part of the culture, and I'm tired of missing out. I've been using the DS game My Spanish Coach, and it is ridiculously good, so we'll see if it's possible to learn a language without human interaction.

That's my goal, obviously.

I'll write more about My Spanish Coach in a week or so.

2. Stop Biting My Nails
This is my biggest bad habit, and I've tried to stop for years. I can let them grow for 7-10 days, then start going through all kinds of compulsion issues. Still, I really want to quit, particularly so Eli never starts doing it, so I'm going all-in this year in terms of trying to stop.

3. Write Four Short Stories
This sounds like the easy one, since I write so much already, but it's not. Writing the blog requires a different level of concentration entirely than writing fiction, and it's been quite a while since I've been able to reach that deeper level of focus. If I am able to do this, of course I'll share them with you. They will probably suck.

4. Be Less Sarcastic
All right, #4 can kiss my ass.

Site Meter