Thursday, September 03, 2009

Short Attention Span Theatre #9

"So, any Facebook news?" I asked, walking into Gloria's study.

"Well, everyone is putting up their local weather forecasts because I complained about how hot it is here," she said.

"Hot? It was only 97 yesterday. It's fall," I said.

"It was 65 in Vermont," she said. "And..." blah blah Charlie Brown's teacher. Thirsty. Dr. Pepper. Kitchen.

"Hey! You in the kitchen there--did you hear anything I said?"

"I think I, um, got the gist of it," I said.

"Well, I don't appreciate--"

"What are these new hamburger buns?" I said, picking up the package. "They look interesting."

"Oh, my God," she said.

I walked back into her study a few minutes later. "Any good e-mail?" I asked.

"Just from my boyfriend, who listens to every single word I say and always wants me to talk at greater length," she said.

"He does?" I asked.

"He does," she said, firmly.

"Sounds like a great guy," I said. "Can you put a deposit on him or something?"

"Argghhhh," she said.

"Hey, it's not Dr. Rusty Rusterson, is it?" I asked.

Site Meter