Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Man, Dressed As A Bear

In exchange for Gloria watching all the Nordic events (my favorites) at the Olympics, I have to watch figure skating.

The men's short program was last night. I find the costumes the skaters wear wildly entertaining, but often baffling.

For example, a skater came out in overalls, and I swear there was "farm dirt" on the legs.

"Is that the farm boy from the Rosetta Stone commercial, the one who only has one chance to woo the Italian supermodel?" I asked.

It got confusing after that. Following the farm boy, there was a Renaissance huntsman, a man in a bodice, a skeleton, a sailor with one puffly sleeve, and a cat burgler with feathered cuffs.

"What's next?" I asked. "A furry?"

When the skating was over, I felt sad. "I can't believe we didn't see a bullfighter or a mime," I said.

Site Meter