Thursday, June 09, 2011

Grand Prix Story

My good friend John Harwood (mentioned often in this space) is a huge fan of two things: Kairosoft and Formula 1.

Kairosoft, as you might know, is the developer of "Game Dev Story", which was one of my favorite games of 2010. It was also one of John's favorite games.

Yesterday, I had a slack moment (I have one a day, I swear) and checked the Android market. I looked in the "just arrived" games category and saw a game called "Grand Prix Story". I'm required, by friendship law, to investigate all games related to Formula 1, just in case it's something he might want to play.

Then I saw the developer: Kairosoft. Boom.

I told him about 3 p.m. yesterday. At 10:47 p.m., he texted me this:
5 hours into GP Story and counting
I didn't see the text until this morning, and responded about 11 a.m. Five minutes later, he sent this:
11 hours in the game and counting

So of 20 elapsed hours since I told him about the game, he'd played for 11. That left 9 hours for everything else (including sleep, which he didn't get much of last night).

Consider this a strong endorsement.

If you see screenshots, etc., go here. It's $4.99, and for a Kairosoft game, I consider that a bargain.

Site Meter