Monday, March 09, 2015

Cities: Skylines

With the debacle that was the most recent SimCity, and the sad closing of Maxis last week, it somehow seems appropriate that a new city builder, one that is both beautiful and seemingly has great potential, will be released tomorrow.

It's Cities: Skylines, and if you hit the link, you will see that this is a stunning, beautiful game. And if it works, it's going to be spectacular.

Unfortunately, city builders are often a colossal mess at launch. Sometimes that mess gets straightened in time, sometimes it doesn't. I supposed I've made my choice on this one, though, since I pre-ordered through Steam.

I'll try to put up some impressions tomorrow. It's a bit dicey, because I'm putting in a major graphics revamp for Gridiron Solitaire (which involves repositioning roughly one billion controls), but I'll try to get enough time in to at least give you my initial thoughts.

Site Meter