Thursday, July 21, 2016

Geforce GTX 1070 (EVGA Superclock)

I mentioned last week that I was getting a new videocard to replace my Geforce GTX 970, which has been a terrific card.

The one thing the GTX 970 couldn't do, in a fair number of demanding games, was maintain a smooth framerate at 2560x1440.

In some games--like Just Cause 3, which ran incredibly well--it was fantastic. In quite a few others, though (Witcher 3), it just didn't have enough oomph.

"Oomph." A highly technical term.

There's nothing I can throw at the 1070 that even makes it breathe hard. Plus, it's silent. I've never heard the fans come on even once, because I've never gotten above about 65C.

Oh, and the reason there hasn't been much going on this week in general is because I woke up at 5:30 Monday with a stomach virus that completely knocked me on my ass. I'm fine now, but I spent a good part of the week in bed with my entire body hurting.

Inconvenient.


Site Meter