Monday, July 25, 2016

True Artisan Bagels

There's this little bagel place in East Grand Rapids that has absolutely phenomenal bagels. Seriously, the best bagels I've ever had in my life.

It's in this tiny little shop, and it's utterly calm.

They never seem to have many bagels, either--not because the bins are empty, but because the bins are very small.

I came back from having one on Friday, then drove Eli 14.11 to the rink for a workout.

"Picture this," I said.

"I already don't like the sound of this," he said.

"A bagel shop," I said, "and the name is 'True Artisan Bagels'. Their slogan? 'One bagel. Every day.'"

"Ooookay," he said.

"You have a little film that shows two guys getting up at 4 a.m., then heading down to the shop, where they spend hours making the perfect bagel. They put it out by the counter, and someone walks in and buys it. Then you see the guy walk to the front door, flip the 'Open' sign to 'Closed', and when he turns back to the camera, you see him smile slightly."

"Terrible idea," Eli said.

"It's so terrible it's brilliant," I said.

"No," he said. "It's just terrible. But I like it."

Site Meter