Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Gametek

I was a Kickstarter supporter of DQ reader Geoff Engelstein's "Gametek: The Math And Science Of Gaming." I just finished reading it last weekend, and it's fantastic.

Here's a description from the original campaign:
August 2017 marks the ten year anniversary of the GameTek segment on the Dice Tower podcast. Connecting games to math, science, and psychology, GameTek has grown to be one of the most popular parts of the show.  

To commemorate this anniversary, I am very excited to announce the publication of GameTek: The Math and Science of Gaming. Over the last six months I have gone through hundreds of segments, selected my favorites, annotated and illustrated them, and organized them into a book. Clocking in at over 300 pages, GameTek includes more than seventy essays. 

The good news for you is that it's going to be available via Amazon starting on February 1, and here's the link: Gametek: The Math and Science of Gaming

Site Meter