Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Shout Out

When we were in Muskegon for main camp, we had a few hours on Saturday morning in the hotel.

I looked for our favorites--SpongeBob, Curious George, Full House--but was stymied. So I went to PBS and saw Bob the Builder.

"Here we go," I said. "Here's Bob."

What followed was quite different from what I remembered. Shout out if you see a paintbrush, the narrator said.

"What is this?" I asked. "This is more Dora the Explorer than Bob the Builder."

"I know," Eli 16.10 said. "What is this?"

We watched for a few unsatisfying minutes.

"I don't agree with the creative direction this show's taken," I said, "starting with--ooh, PAINTBRUSH!"

Eli was sitting upright on the bed, and he started laughing so hard that his body slanted sideways and slowly slid to the mattress. He laughed for a long time. Every time he tried to get up, he started laughing again.

Finally, he was upright.

"I mean, I knew you were going to do that," he said, still laughing, "but just knowing how hard you were focusing on the screen nearly killed me."

Site Meter