Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Foretelling

We watch "America's Got Talent." I offer no excuses. We do, however, skip all the personal interest fluff and just watch the performances.

There's something in AGT called "The Golden Buzzer", and it lets a contestant skip rounds and qualify for the live show. In show terms, it's a huge deal.

The golden buzzer never gets pressed more than once an episode, and they always show it last. 

There are a few prototypes that generally get the golden buzzer. We like to speculate.

"Guy in his late twenties, with a beard, singer," Eli 16.10 said.

"Singer, thirteen-year-old girl," I said.

The contestant emerges. She's tall, but young.

"Oh, no," Eli said.

"How old are you?" a judge asked.

"Here it comes," I said.

"I'm thir--"

"HOW DO YOU DO THAT?" Eli shouted, and then he burst out laughing and couldn't stop. Then I started laughing so hard I was crying, and I couldn't stop, either.

Site Meter