Wednesday, September 19, 2018

High A-pee-ers

There's a wonderful study out now that is entirely comprised of all the best things:
Small Dogs Aim High When They Pee.

If you ever see a small dog out on his walk, you'll notice that most of them are sassy. Ultra-high energy, ultra-excited, "Hey, everybody, here I am!"

They have status.

When they stop to pee, though, they want more status. They want to compete with the big boys. And they do so by increasing their leg angle so that they peed higher than their size.

That one fact makes me willing to fund all research forever.

I told Eli 17.1 about this, and he thought it was both hilarious and weirdly profound, but neither one of us could figure out how to use this knowledge properly.

Last night, he was talking about applying to colleges. "It's kind of odd," he said. "Some of my friends are super smart, but I'm the only one applying to Princeton and some of the other Ivy schools."

"Well, if you want to aim high, you have to pee up," I said.

"That's it!" he said, laughing. "That's perfect!"

Site Meter