Monday, October 01, 2018

Hey, Aren't You? No.

We have a running gag about how often people confuse me for someone else.

It happens all the time, and the funny thing is, it's usually for someone of status. I've been confused for a member of the House of Representatives (U.S., not some state scrub) and a football coach (again, D1, not D3). Also, Bob, Larry, and Bret, among others.

"So an old guy I've never seen before walked up and started talking to me at the YMCA on Friday," I said.

"No way! What happened?"

"He said 'Hey, where have you been? I haven't seen you in weeks!' "

"What did you say?" he asked.

"I said 'I joined another YMCA, but a guy walked up out of nowhere and started talking to me and I stabbed him'."

He burst out laughing. "No, you didn't!"

"I didn't, but wouldn't that have been something? I think that would definitely get me reported to the front desk."

"It just never stops, does it?"

"Stick with me, kid. If we ever go to Europe, I'll get mistaken for royalty."

He laughed.

"Seriously. 'Duke Archibald, where have you been?', and I'd say 'Fluffing some pheasants.' Is that the right terminology?"

"Oh, definitely," he said.

Site Meter