Monday, November 05, 2018

Moonlighter (update)

Moonlighter is coming out for Switch today, so I thought I'd give you an update, as I finished the game last week.

The game, in general, was a real treat. The core gameplay loop was deeply fun, the little town where the game takes place is bright and full of personality, and the first four dungeons were challenging and interesting.

Then the wheels come off a bit.

There's a fifth dungeon, and there's nothing leading up to it that makes you think it will be any different from the previous four (except for Foozle being there). However, this is a very, very abbreviated experience, because it's essentially just a boss fight.

I was all geared up for the last fifth of the game, I thought, but got the last twentieth of the game instead.

I still enjoyed my time with the game, and I'm glad I finished it, but the ending is a bit of a letdown.

Site Meter