Thursday, May 09, 2019

Where, Pray Hither, Are the Boxer Shorts?

I went to Macy's to buy underwear. Macy's is basically J.C. Penny's + at this point, so it's no longer to fancy for me.

I walked up to an intersection in the store and looked at the sign above me. There were arrows pointing to everything in the store.

Almost.

Half the arrows were directing people, from every direction, to the women's clothing section. Curiously, however, none were pointing to men's clothing.

An aberration, I thought, so I went thirty yards to the next sign.

Same thing.

I eventually checked every sign on the floor. Some pointed upstairs to women's clothing. Some pointed to the same floor I was on. No arrows, though, pointed to men's clothing.

Why this curious state of affairs, sir or madam? I represent consumer underwear demand!

I did eventually find the men's clothing section. It required three secret passwords and an electronic key to enter.

Site Meter