Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Obscure References, Vol. 1

Eli 17.11 is now a seven handicap.

He drove a 275-yard par four last week. With a ten mile an hour tailwind. And a five iron. And no, it wasn't downhill.

It's terrifying to watch this golf cyborg begin to methodically destroy the universe.

He went to an advanced putting clinic last weekend and learning one billion things about putting, including that the putting stroke of all PGA professionals is between 68 and 78 beats per minute.

Now he practices with a metronome, as suggested, and his putting stroke is, frankly, disgustingly good.

He teaches me what he's learned when he has lessons or clinics, but it's not so easy for me.

"You're putting way too fast," he said, watching me on the green. "Listen to the metronome. It's set for 78 BPM."

"It just doesn't make sense in my head," I said.

"Just putt to the beat," he said.

"I can, but only if its 128 BPM," I said.

Eli looked at me for a minute, then started laughing.


Site Meter