Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A Big Week

Eli 18.0 leaves for Michigan on Sunday.

I'm happy for him. He's going to have a great experience, and he's ready.

I'm going to miss him terribly, but this is the right time for that to happen. I have a sizable list of things I'm going to jump into to keep me very busy, but I know it won't be the same.

We're going to a very special public course today called "Pilgrim's Run." It's about forty-five minutes from Grand Rapids, and it's spectacular. It's kind of a last hurrah for golfing together, at least for now.

I'll post pictures when we get back.

Oh, and what I thought would happen did happen: Eli has gotten really, really good. He's about a five handicap now, but that seems to go down by about a stroke a week, incredibly. His mind just gulps down huge chunks of information and integrates them at non-human speeds.

I don't know how much time he'll have to play at school. There's a university course (it's excellent) only one campus bus stop away from his dorm, so maybe he'll be able to keep practicing.

It's in the back of his mind to play college golf someday. He had an instructor tell him that he could walk on in a year, which sounds preposterous, but he does preposterous things all the time.

I would be a little surprised, but only a little.

Site Meter