Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sound Decisions

Gloria was going out to a concert.

"So, what are you having for dinner?" I asked Eli 18.0.

"Freelancing," he said. "I'll figure something out."

"Well, I think I'll have a big bowl of blueberry ice cream," I said.

"See?" Eli said to Gloria. "This is what happens when we leave him on his own." He turned back to me. "You're basically a hate-crime against nutrition."

"So what are you having?" I asked.

"Before I go eat a REAL dinner, I'm having a Dove Bar and Cheezits," he said, snootily.

"All I can say to that is 'in what order?'" I said. He laughed. He does that.
_____

I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, you might want to mow the lawn today, because it's getting long and it's supposed to rain," Gloria said.

"I'd love to mow the lawn, but I am currently out of town," I said.

Site Meter