Monday, January 06, 2020

The Man You Trust

I haven't had an update for a while, even though I've been working seven days a week since the day Eli 18.5 went to school.

Here's how you rewrite the first 60 pages of a novella:



Wait, no.

It's less horrifying than it looks. That's about 300 pages, but it only represents the process of turning the first 60 pages into 105 pages. And it's a lean 105, even now.

That's why it's taken longer than expected. It's a time-consuming, methodical process, and I am so happy with the results. But it's taking a while. I write and write and rewrite and edit and edit and edit.

At this point I'm almost 2/3 of the way through, which means I'm hoping for end of April/early May to have the rewrite done. There's still work to do after that, but less creating.

I think that means late fall for this to be released. Here's hoping, anyway.

When I'm done, I'm going to spread out all the rewrites and edit pages in a huge room and take a picture. I'm looking forward to that moment.

Site Meter