Monday, December 23, 2019

A Rose Would Smell As Sweet

"Do I smell funny?" Gloria asked.

"I've been waiting for years for you to ask that question," I said.

"I'm serious," she said.

"Do you mean like you think you died but you go on living kind of undead smell?"

"No."

"Old woman with plastic covers on her furniture smell?"

"Also no."

"Well, what kind of smell?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said.

"How do you know you smell funny if you can't smell it?" I asked.

"I just can't identify it," she said.

"Motor oil? Kind of a garage smell?"

"No. I shouldn't have brought it up," she said.

"Pesticide? Cleaning products?" I asked.

"I'm not talking about this. Don't put this in the blog."

"You had a really good run of not smelling funny,"I said. "Many years. It's a shame it had to end."

Site Meter