Thursday, March 19, 2020

Hopefully Useful

I've been thinking about hand washing.

That seems to be the most substantial line of defense here. Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.

After a few days of doing this, though, your hands get pretty raw, even with lotion on them all the time. Mine do, anyway.

Plus, you're washing your hands to fix something that already happened (getting the coronavirus on your hands). And you might wash your hands, but if you don't do it correctly, it might not work.

You can use hand sanitizer, but the same problems exist, plus it's almost impossible to find and the prices are often jacked up.

I was thinking about this, and then it hit me: Subway. At Subway, and most food places, workers wear those single-use plastic gloves. They don't touch anything.

Okay, those are probably sold out on Amazon, right? Nope. There are unlimited supplies. And they're cheap, around four cents a glove.

I ordered some, and they work great. I went to the grocery store last night, put them on as I walked in the store, didn't worry about touching things, checked out put them in the trash can as I walked out of the store. No worries about touching keypads, or anything else.

My cost for peace of mind? Eight cents.

You still have to remember not to touch your face, but with the gloves on, you don't really think about touching your face, because it feels just different enough to remind you.

Here's a link: Gorilla Gloves.

Yes, that's in quantity 1,000, but it's boxes of 100, and there are several people I wanted to give them to. I also noticed when I put up the  link that size large is out of stock, but there are several other vendors, so you should still be able to find them.

Site Meter