Monday, April 13, 2020

The Worst Birthday

I'm not going to identify the reader, for obvious reasons, but this is definitely the best worst birthday story I received:
Mine was last week and actually probably the worst I've ever had due to no cards, no gifts and not treats. I say no treats because my girlfriend told me not to bake myself a nice cake, she wanted to make me a cake... of some sort. 

To put this in context, my girlfriend is not an accomplished cook and certainly not for sweet things. So i advised her to go to a reputable cooking website in order to get a guaranteed recipe. She ignored my advice but did eventually take my request for blueberry muffins. 

The blueberry muffins she made were like leather and tasted of cardboard. 

I spent the week, slowly working through them like a chore (one a day) with her complaining all the time that they were terrible and that she felt really bad for making them so terribly, at the same time i was reassuring her they weren't too bad and I liked them.  Well, I was telling the truth, kind of - cardboard is at least bland, so I didn't /dislike/ them!

The slow but steady disposal of the crime is what makes this story so great for me.


Site Meter