Monday, August 17, 2020

All Has Been Survived

So we started getting ready to go to Ann Arbor at 10:30 this morning, and I got back a few minutes ago. It was a long day. 

Eli 19.0 is moved in, though, and his house is close enough to campus that he can still walk to class. He knows everyone in the house, likes them all, and I'm hoping he's very happy there. 

We played 5 different golf courses in 8 days in the last week or so, and there were some great moments. I went +2 on a front nine on Friday (one of my best nine hold scores ever), and he went -2 on the back (my back nine was entirely regrettable, because I was totally exhausted in 95+ heat index). 

He had a lesson on Sunday morning, and his instructor said the reason he was sometimes inconsistent was because he was moving his head. The instructor gave him a drill to fix it and his swing looks like a tour player now (not kidding--it's unreal). So I think he'll be a scratch golfer in one more summer. 

Me? I just need to heal my wrist, my calf, my foot, and several other things. I did get much better this summer, and if I can just be healthy, I think I can keep going. I'll never be a scratch player, like him, but I could get down to a 5 handicap, I think, which would be the lowest I've been in a long time. 

Right now, though, I'm exhausted. 

I'll be back to normal, writing-wise, tomorrow. Today I'm knackered, as they say on my British detective shows. 

Oh, and incredibly, I miss clouds. Who would have thought I would ever say that living in Grey Rapids? It's  been nonstop sun for almost two months, and I actually miss overcast days. 

I'll try to remember this in January.

Site Meter