Monday, November 02, 2020

Not at All, and Then All at once

I woke up yesterday, had breakfast, and started working. 

About 30 minutes in, I checked the weather, because I wanted to get an approximate time of when I'd go for a walk (a sad workout, but it's 2020). 

I pulled up the weather page and it said "Snow starting in 6 minutes."

Wait, what?

Then I looked out the window and saw trees bending like bows. 

35F, 30MPH steady wind, gusts up to 50. Wind chill of 15F. And snow. 

I walked anyway, which is just what you do up here. As long as it's not icy, you do your business. 

It was a stark reminder, though, of how quickly winter can descend up here. 

Except, and this is very nice, winter went away again, and it's going to be in the 60s for a few days this week, which almost never happens in November. I may even go to Ann Arbor on Sunday and hit golf balls with Eli 19. 3.

Site Meter