Monday, January 25, 2021

Remarkably Wrong

I was told a story today about a clock.

This clock was in a school, and it was a bad clock. A very bad clock, because it wasn't even right twice a day.

That's right: it was less accurate than an inert clock. 

This clock was almost a stopped clock, but not quite. Sporadically, it would spring to life for a few hours. 

It was still the wrong time.

However, the that fact that it did occasionally run meant it displayed the correct time even less often than twice a day. 

I thought about what it meant for a clock to somehow be less accurate than an inert clock, and now I can't stop trying to think of an equivalent person I've known. Surely, at some point in my life, I've met someone like that.

If you have stories on this critical subject, please share them.

Site Meter