Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Mental Health Week

I didn't mean for this to turn into mental health week, but that's what happened. 

This is a very important article, and you need to go read it first: San Francisco Giants outfielder Drew Robinson's remarkable second act.

Go ahead, I'll wait. It's a stunning read.

Oh, you think I don't know you didn't read it? Go back, you. 

This story really drove home something to me that I never understood before. Not asking for help when you need it isn't selfless, and it's not protecting the people around you. 

It's just another way to punish yourself.

It's your mind tricking you into thinking you don't deserve help because you failed in some way. 

Man, that is such a trap. 

I'm sure a bunch of you are scratching your heads and going, "Well, duh," but it was never obvious to me. 

At least, not until I read the article. 

This will be discussed with Eli 19.6 as soon as possible. It's important to understand, even if you're a healthy, robust superhero. 



Site Meter