Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Juxtaposition

I know I wrote about how knowledge has been devalued because information is unlimited now.

I have to admit, though, that unlimited information, and the way it combines, can be pretty fantastic. 

This morning, I needed to know if "one seventeen" should have a hyphen. So I put "one seventeen" into Google. On the first page, there was a link to Isaiah 1:17:
Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.

Those are solid sentiments, and I would never have seen them. 

Also on the first page, there was a link to the song "One Seventeen" by Transplants, and here's the first verse:
I'm not taken no chance tonight
I'm gonna pack me a gat tonight
I'm gonna sell me some sacks tonight
And if it all goes well and I'm stacked tonight...

Juxtaposition. It rules.

Site Meter