Monday, August 15, 2022

Insight

"If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?" I asked. 

"Flying," Eli 20.0 said. 

"Amateur move," I said. 

He laughed. "Why?"

"There's a Bumble prompt where someone can pick their superpower. Almost everyone picks flying."

"So?"

"Can you imagine a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and you decide to go on a flight, because you can fly, right? So you open the door, step out onto the porch, look up--and see 50,000 people already up here. Hell, no."

"Oh, that's your nightmare," he said. "You pick flying to get away from traffic and it's even worse."

"Exactly," I said. "So I thought about it carefully and decided I want super strength."

"So you can lift cars off people after accidents and save lives?" he asked. 

"So I can always open up jars when I get old," I said.

Site Meter