Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Eli 21.5 Travels the World

After eight vaccinations on Friday, and receiving a visa from the Liberian embassy today, Eli 21.5 looks like he's ready to go to Africa in a few weeks. 

I get stressed out if I'm flying domestic and it's not a non-stop flight. For him, though, this is just business as usual. 

On top of the eight vaccinations, he was given anti-malarial and typhoid pills. The nurse, who was quite funny, also gave him another bottle of pills in case he started "shitting uncontrollably." Then she laughed. 

That's my kind of nurse. 

He normally turns on a location program when he's traveling abroad, which I really appreciate. On days when I don't hear from him, just checking at night and knowing he's back in his residence gives me much comfort. 

For this trip, though, he will have no phone service or wi-fi for days at a time. It's going to be a challenge for me. 

The funny part is that I'll probably feel more anxiety not hearing from him for a few days than he'll feel flying across the world and doing field work in remote areas of Liberia. 

I had that adventuring spirit, when I was young, but he has it in ways that only a few people could ever dream of having. 

Site Meter