Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Randomly

I had a thought today. It happens, sometimes, and usually when I'm not thinking about anything in particular. 

This is about relationships, because I think about them in the context of my own life and my friends. 

In our era (and most of you are in "our" era, and you'd be 55-65 years old now), most girls were taught to be pleasers, and most boys were taught to be strong (and that needing anything was a weakness). 

So now there are millions of pleasers trying to have relationships with men who can't admit they need anything, because it would make them seem weak. 

How on earth is that supposed to work?

So many people in our generation are divorced, and I think many of them are just the product of a deeply incompatible system they were never able to unlearn. 

If you grew up in another country, I'd be interested in knowing if it was the same for you, too. 

Site Meter